If you have never been to Ibiza then it may be easy to overlook the start of the season and think all of the action is later on, at the peak. You would be mistaken, as Ibiza awakens from it’s off-peak slumber louder and more exciting than it was the year before.
The start of the season welcomes big name acts, and everyone is looking to impress; every act wants to stay as long as they can, so getting recognised as THE act to party with early on secures them a nice long summer run.
Starting in late May and running throughout June, the islands most well known super clubs are the first to open their doors and get Ibiza jumping, with their openers seeing revellers right through till July. Playa d’en Bossa, San Antonio bay and Ibiza Town are where it’s at this early, with the rest of the island waking up slowly from July onwards.
Want to know what clubs to hit? Well, Pacha is one of the only clubs that open all year, and with it being such an iconic venue, it would be silly in my opinion to NOT see what they have to offer!
Next up is Space, DC10, Sankeys and Amnesia; all of which we can guarantee will be mind blowing parties to blow their cobwebs away!
Line ups and dates have been being whispered about since February, however now is the time to keep your eyes firmly on Ibiza, as the acts and dates will all be confirmed and tickets will be quick to sell online, although don’t fear as the reps on the island will have plenty to sell to you once you are there. You pay a little more from them, but if you missed something before you leave, then it’s a sure fire way of getting yourself a ticket.
This year, Sankeys is feeling the force and had released a Star Wars themed poster which shows their first oarty to be starting 20th May. No line up yet, BUT last year saw a two day Viva Warrior take over that saw Hot Since 82 and Steve Lawler take to the decks so go prepared for a long one!
Four days later, Space opens its doors and with a new extension boosting their capacity to 15,000 people, which they will hit almost constantly throughout the season, getting a ticket to this one will ensure that you are part of one of the biggest parties on the island!
Some key dates dates to watch for:
- Ushuaia – 30th May the ultimate open air party kick starts its season
- Cafe Mambo – 15th May certainly one of the places to be before any party..
- Zoo Project – 27th May will see an influx of animal themed fancy dress for Zoo Projects opening party, warming itself uo ready for its return on 6th June.
- Amnesia – 30th May will see a stellar line up of acts arriving on the island ready to open Amnesia with a bang! Maceo Plex, Eats Everything and George Fitzgerald are among the first to spin the decks so this is a must!!
- Ibiza Rocks – 5th June is one to watch for the uo and coming as Ibiza Rocks is known for being the launch pad of some big acts. Previous openers for these guys has been Rudamental, Mark Ronson and Zane Lowe so you could be seeing one of tomorrows greats!!
Keep upto date with everything going on this summer in Ibiza with the Clubbers App to Ibiza