Last night the final gala of the XXIII Ibiza International Piano Competition 2019 took place at the San Carlos Cultural Center. After an intense week of interpretations, nerves and expectation, before the public and the jury, the applause and unanimity of the verdict started the collective ovation.
The resulting record shows an international verdict, cosmopolitan, widely distributed among young talents from different cultures, backgrounds and piano schools. In the category up to 30 years, pianist Aisylu Saliakhova (Russia, 23 years old) won First Prize (4,000 euros), Ye-Eun Kim (South Korea, 27 years old) Second Prize (2,000 euros) and Jorge Nava (Santander , Spain, 28 years) the Third Prize (1,000 euros). In the youth category up to 16 years, the First Prize (1,000 euros) has been for Arthur Samuel Coatalen (France-Hungary, 14 years), the Second Prize (600 euros) for Maties Tramulles (Palma de Mallorca, Spain, 14 years) and the Third Prize (400 euros) for Fabiola Moreno (Badajoz, Spain, 14 years old).
In addition, the winners have a series of special awards of the Contest that reward excellence, talent and variety of piano schools and performances. These awards are provided by companies and individuals who delivered the prizes last night. These were the winners:
• Special award to the best interpreter of Johann Sebastian Bach (donated by Las Dalias): Elina Valieva (Russia, 27 years old).
• Special prize for the best performer of a sonata (donated by Bar Anita): Bomi Lee (South Korea, 29 years old).
• Special prize for the best interpreter of a romantic work (donated by Construcciones Tercero): Woori Lee (South Korea, 28 years old).
• Special prize for the best performer of a work of the twentieth century (donated by Peralta Restaurant): Julián Turiel (Asturias, Spain, 27 years old).
• Special prize for the best contemporary music performer (donated by the Family of God): Gihoon Yoon (South Korea, 25 years old).
• Special prize for the best Spanish music performer (donated by Hotel Aguas de Ibiza): Milena Martínez (Barcelona, Spain, 25 years old).
• Special prize to the pianist with the best potential talent (donated by the Suslova-Martínez Manrique family): Alejandro Espina (Valencia, Spain, 17 years old).
• Special prize for the youth pianist with the best potential talent (donated by the Suslova-Martínez Manrique family): Mario Fernández (Madrid, Spain, 15 years old).
• Special youth pianist concert award at the San Carlos Patron Saint Festivities (November 2019, donated by the San Carlos Neighborhood Association “La Unión”): Fernando Alarcón (Valencia, Spain, 16 years old).
• Special concert prize at the Fondazione Gian Maria Oddi in the Palazzo Oddo in Albenga, Italy: Samuel Tirado (Cuenca, Spain, 28 years old).
• Tour of concerts in Andalusia (donated by the International Academy Manuel de Falla de Granada): Víctor Antonio Núñez (Cáceres, Spain, 20 years).
The jury of the contest has been chaired by Master Mary Wu (China) and Master Antonio Baciero (Spain), along with Tatiana Franova (Slovak Republic), Sira Hernández (Spain), Tamara Harutyunyán (Armenia), Shih-Hsien Yeh ( Taiwan), Miguel Iglesias (Spain) and Mª Ángeles Ferrer Forés (Spain). Together with the assistance of the President of the Consell d’Eivissa, Vicent Marí and the Mayor of the City Council of Santa Eulària des Riu, Carmen Ferrer, among other authorities, filled the venue sponsors, collaborators and public, who applauded all the awards.
In addition, for the first time and thanks to the City Council of Santa Eulària des Riu, the entire ceremony was broadcast live and via streaming on the Facebook page of the City Council itself and on the page of the contest (Facebook: Ibiza International Piano Competition). The idea was to open a window to the world so you can know the results at the moment. Thus, relatives, friends, music teachers of the contestants, interested parties, sponsors, collaborators and the general public followed the event online.
The first two prizes and as part of their award, Aisylu Saliakhova and Arthur Samuel Coatalen, will return to Ibiza in the next edition to offer a concert within the XXIV Music Festival 2021 and be members of the jury of the XXIV Piano Competition 2021.